Thursday, October 18, 2012

Math 7: Could You Manage McDonald's?

We have been discussing factors and multiples. We have been seeing how numbers have a lot in common, but does this have anything to do with the real world? Let's take a look.

Learning Goal: I will be able to understand the difference between multiples and factors. I will produce multiples and factors for whole numbers, using a variety of tools and strategies.

Success Criteria:
  • I can start at a number and skip count to find multiples
  • I can use a 100s chart to count up by a number to find multiples
  • I can compare the multiples of two or more numbers, by creating lists and using a 100s chart to identify the Least Common Multiple
  • I can use mental math to find factors of a number
  • I can use a 12x12 chart to find the factors of a number
  • I can use a calculator to divide numbers to find factors
  • I can compare the factors of two or more numbers to identify the Greatest Common Factor
  • I can use my personal device and google, calendars and any other apps that will help me solve real world problems


The Problem
You are the manager of McDonald's. Kevin, Alison and Fred work part-time at McDonald's. Kevin works every second day. Alison works every third day. Fred works every fourth day. Today they all worked together, when will they work together again? They need to know so they can drive in together. You need to make a schedule for these three workers. Use any tools or strategies that may work.

No comments:

Post a Comment